1:The damage of static electricity to the electronics industry
First, ESA electrostatic adsorption, it will cause serious pollution.
We know that the IC production process requires a clean workshop or an ultra-clean workshop. However, few domestic manufacturers can achieve that there is no particle in the clean room. Now it is required that the particle size of dust particles is reduced from the original 0.3μm to the current 0.1μm, but if the particle size of the adsorbed dust particles is larger than the line width , It is easy to scrap the product.
Second, ESD electrostatic discharge, it will cause device breakdown.
Electrostatic discharge is the process of charge accumulation. When the charge accumulates to a certain level, a conductor close to it will cause electrostatic discharge. If a semiconductor device with a certain amount of static electricity is placed alone or loaded into a circuit module, it will be broken down immediately. After the device is affected by electrostatic discharge, there may not be immediate functional damage, but it will affect the reliability of the components. The losses caused by electrostatic discharge can reach billions of dollars a year.
Third, EMI electronic interference, it will cause damage.
Electrostatic discharge will radiate a lot of radio waves, and these radio waves have frequency, which will cause great interference to the surrounding microprocessors, such as chaotic program instructions, chaotic data, unknown error messages, etc. , And these problems are generally not taken seriously, but once a malfunction occurs, the harm it brings will be huge.
Static electricity can cause harm to electronic devices, but it is controllable and can be eliminated.
2:Elimination and control of static electricity
Static Electricity Elimination
1. Prevent the accumulation of static charge in places where static electricity may occur. That is to take certain measures to avoid or reduce the generation of electrostatic discharge. The method of generating and leaking can be used to eliminate the charge accumulation.
2. The existing charge accumulation should be quickly eliminated. When an insulating object is charged, the charge cannot flow and cannot leak. A static eliminator can be used to generate opposite ions to neutralize the static charge. When the charged object is a conductor, a simple ground leakage method is used to completely eliminate the charge.
Static Electricity Control
1. Minimize static charge during the production process. Preventive measures should be taken in the process of material selection, equipment installation and operation management in the process flow to control the generation of static electricity and the accumulation of electric charges, restrain the electrostatic potential and discharge energy, and minimize the harm.
2. Electrostatic grounding is used to make the charge leak to the ground, and the method of increasing the conductance of the object is usually used to make the static electricity leak.
3. Use a grounded shield to isolate the charged object from other objects, so that the electric field of the charged object will not affect other surrounding objects. Sometimes a grounded shield is used to surround the isolated object to protect the isolated object from the external electric field. influences.
4. Use the positive and negative ions generated by the static eliminator (kesd brand) to neutralize the charge of the charged object, and it may make the surface of the charged object smooth and the surrounding environment cleaner, thereby reducing the possibility of tip discharge.